5200 W. Jarvis Street, Skokie, Illinois 60077 847.674.1773
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
• 1979-1983: Faculty of Political Science, University of Athens, Master’s in Political Science.
• 1983-1986: Law School, University of Athens, Master’s in Law.
Specialisation in International Law, European Union Law and Law of the Sea.
• 1987-1990: National School of Administration, Diplomatic School, Athens.
• 1990-1991: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Athens: Attaché at the Cabinet of the Secretary General of the Ministry.
• 1991-1992: Third Secretary at the Cabinet of the Secretary General.
• 1992 : Second Secretary at the Greek Mission to the United Nations, N.Y.
• 1993-1997: First Secretary at the Embassy of Greece, Oslo, Norway:
Deputy Head of Mission (Political, Economic, Cultural, Consular Affairs).
• 1998-2000: Consulate General of Greece in Adelaide, Australia.
• 2000-2003: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Counsellor at the B2 Department of Bilateral Economic Cooperation: Deputy Director of Department.
• 2003-2007: Embassy of Greece in Vienna, Austria. First Counsellor.
Head of Political and Cultural Departments.
• 2007-2008: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Athens.
A3 Department of South East Europe. Head of Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina Section, Head of SEECP-RCC Section.
• 2008-2009: A10 Department for Asia & Oceania. Head of ASEAN-ASEM Section as well as of India, Pakistan and Afghanistan Section.
• 2009-2014: Consul General of Greece in Hamburg, Germany.
• 2014-2017: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Minister Plenipotentiary.
Director of B6 Department of International Economic & Financial Organizations.
• 2017- 2019: Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Deputy Director of A6 Political Department of Middle East and Arab countries.
• 2019 - : Consul General of Greece in Chicago, USA.
Languages : English, French, German, Norwegian (basic), Italian (basic).
Marital Status: Married to Thore Groev with three children.